Saturday, February 7, 2009

Fish Faces





Why do the fish hate us? Surely it can't be because we kill them. They should enjoy that. Isn't their purpose in life to fill us with happiness [and Omega 3 oils]? Do lake fish even have Omega 3 oils?



Seriously, I had no idea that it was so much work to ice fish. We drove a total of 2 1/2 hours, drilled 30 holes in the ice on two different lakes, and finally, at the last hole, started catching fish. It was so much work finding the fish that we didn't have it in us to break out the chili we had brought along. I did manage to eat 1/2 the bag of granola bars that I had made, and about 4 corn muffins, and a cup of hot chocolate, but that totally doesn't count.




This pesky contraption singed off 3 inches of my hair and my right eyelashes. It did keep the ice house warm, so I'll give it one more chance.


No comments: