Friday, May 1, 2009

A Tall Drink of. . . . NOT WATER!

Bad things usually happen when I am sitting at my desk minding my own business. If I am preventing someone else from doing their work, there is no problem, but if I am being a productive worker, all heck will break loose. Thankfully it is a rare phenomenon.

I have a drinking problem. . . the liquid usually ends up on the front of my shirt instead of down my throat. So, I grabbed a straw and took a large gulp from my water bottle. . . and then there were something papery on my tongue.

What the heck? I couldn't figure out what it was. . . .until. . . .

Ugghh...the straws had an infestation of those bugs that get into wheat. What ARE those things? At any rate, I had just had the privilege of tasting one of the empty cocoons left behind after it turned into a flying pest. Kurt helpfully said, "Let's call it a Monarch butterfly because that will make you feel better. . . . EVEN THOUGH WE KNOW THAT IT WASN'T."



Excuse me for a moment....I'm feeling a little ill.

No comments: