Friday, May 29, 2009

Chinese Orange Beef


Yep, you guessed it. I am STILL playing catch-up from all the cooking we did with my parents last weekend. I tell ya - they are slave drivers.

The good thing about cooking with my parents is that Kevin ate everything we made. That almost never happens. Here's how it usually goes down: I make it and I eat it. He will maybe smell it before refusing to consume it, but it usually doesn't progress that far before the rejection.

Kevin really liked this meal. He said it would be even better if you left out the vegetables and served the meat on a sandwich.


Chinese Orange Beef
2 pounds beef stew meat
1/2 C teriyaki sauce
1/2 C orange marmalade
1 t garlic, minced
1 t fresh ginger, minced
1 red or orange pepper, cut into strips
6 oz. snow peas, strings removed
4 scallions, thinly sliced

Add beef, teriyaki sauce, orange marmalade, garlic, and ginger to crock pot. Mix together and cook on low for 8-10 hours.

Stir in pepper strips and snow peas; cover and cook on high for 10 minutes until vegetables are tender-crisp. Serve over rice and top with scallions.

No comments: