Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Health Fair Puts Out an Eye

The Health Fair came to town today. After we went around to the different booths we got to put our names in to the door prize drawing. Yep. You guessed it. I made out like a bandit.

The Good Prizes
Edible Bouquet (a fancy fruit basket) - Amy won it
Pilates ball - Brian won it

The prizes won by people on my team
Insulated cup - Kurt won it
Beach Bag and Kit - Lucas won it
Pedometer - I won it

Immediately after picking up our prizes, Kurt used his cup as a megaphone. Steve responded by announcing that he could hear Kurt on the other side of the cafeteria, and Kurt should absolutely, for no reason whatsoever, ever again amplify his voice more than it is normally. Lucas started running up and down the cube halls with his new kite.

Meanwhile, I took my pedometer and ran to Brian's cube. He agreed to switch me my pedometer for his pilates ball. And that, my friends, is how I came to be the winner of the door prize drawing even when I wasn't the winner. To take it one step further, I stopped by Amy's desk and ate some of her fruit. Sheesh...some people have no boundaries.

While I was airing up the ball I noticed a resistance band tucked into the bag. After a few cursory moves, Lucas looks over to see my new toy, his eyes glittering with the possibilities of the band (AKA sling shot) and he wrestled it out of my hands.

Mike instantly joins him and they sling a mini Army man across the room. Then they duck so they won't get caught in their infantile game. I am positive the giggling didn't give it away.



Here Holly, Steve and Todd sling a mini Army guy across the room....don't they look devilish?

*DISCLOSURE* While there was a very real possibility that someone could have been hurt by our Kamikaze Army dude, no one was actually injured, and all eyes are still fully intact. One soldier is MIA, but we have high hopes that he will be found and returned to service shortly.

1 comment:

Hali said...

I hope the MIA soldier has training in tracking/navigation, so he can find his way back to the troops!