Wednesday, April 8, 2009

No Waiting Required

I slept in. Then I fiddled around in the kitchen. Then I checked my email. By the time I was usually finished at the gym and in the office I was just getting around to hopping in the shower. Ugggh. What a morning.

I arrived at work just in time to overhear Steve telling Kurt about his aches and pains. He was not looking forward to getting old. I happily chirped up and said that the good thing was that he didn't have to wait. Steve corrected me with intense seriousness. Everyone had to wait to get old. Getting old was better than the alternative.

But I reminded him that he didn't have to wait - he was already as old as the hills. He stopped complaining about his aching back, said, "Gee, thanks," and sat down. Today might be a lot more fun than I had thought.

Steve is 43. Tehehe. He drinks like a fish, so he is aging a bit faster than most, but he is certainly not old.

No comments: