Sunday, January 18, 2009

You made a mistake. You trusted him

Chris made a typo in a document that ultimately got sent to the customer. This mistake created a lot of extra work for Darlene, our configuration management expert, who came over to talk to Chris about it. She told him what needed to change and the process he should follow to get it sent to the customer correctly.

Chris sits 2 cubes away from me so I overheard the entire conversation. After a long, drawn out discussion, I popped up my head and stated, "It's OK, Darlene. You just made one small mistake. You trusted him." Darlene's hearty belly laugh echoed through the halls before she made it clear that she wouldn't be making that mistake again.

Apparently, this joke was originally on Animal House, which I have never had the misfortune of watching. It never gets old and our team uses it constantly. Did a test fail when Todd had claimed that it was finished? I'll take credit for the mistake - I shouldn't have trusted him. Does one of my tests fail? Kurt will take credit this time - never in a million years should he have trusted me.

Just for good measure, Steve offers us one more quote of the day - "Watching Someone Else Suffer is Almost as Fun as Having a Good Time Yourself."

No comments: