Wednesday, January 14, 2009

One Burger Murdered

With the vain hope of grossing out someone [i.e. everyone] at work, I brought my burgers in this morning. I was so proud of myself that I was already boasting to Todd as I dug them out of the bag. Then I realized that disaster had struck. *Gasp* *Whimper* *Sob*

Yes, it is true. Although my November 23rd burger did not have a speck of rot on it, it had gotten knocked around in my bag and parts of the bun had broken off. Todd said that it wasn't going to work to keep it for show if the bun was falling apart.

Desperately, I pleaded with the burger I bought on December 18th. Would it consider taking the lead role in "how long will a fast food burger last?" Since I like to come up with really creative names, we're going to call him "December 18th."

Luckily, December 18th gladly rose to the occasion and is now the lead star in the drama of the fast food burger.
Move over, November 23rd! December 18th is the new star of the show.
In other news, I haven't eaten a burger at McDonald's or Burger King since November....Can you believe that these burgers and the buns are still looking so good? They are dried out but otherwise in pristine condition. Food should rot. Bread should grow mold. Is it pumped full of preservatives or is it made of something besides food?

No comments: