Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Stunning Sunset.

I was held captive as the breath taking colors of the sunset glittered and glimmered, vibrant and alive, then slowly faded to smokey and alluring and finally disappeared into the calm night. As the scene unfolded, I was washed over with the realization that I am OK. My life today is better than it was a year ago. I am more peaceful. I finally have a sense of my self-worth.

What does this sunset represent? The closing of a chapter in my life? The chance to see the betrayal that gave me a back-handed slap fade into the glorious moment where I am now wholly submerged? Does the past dishonesty affect my ability to enjoy this exact moment? Absolutely not. In fact, I feel more awe as a witness to this amazing scene than I have in my entire life.This sunset is not unique. Color splashes the horizon twice every day.

This sunset is unique. This is the very first sunset that has ever spoken to my soul. This is the first time I have realized that even though life is nothing like I hoped it would be, it is a thousand times better than I could have dreamt.


(Photo by Kevin in Wyoming)

No comments: