Thursday, September 24, 2009

Noise from the Cube Farm


That Willie. He sent an email to the whole company:

"I would like to ask every one's cooperation in reducing the noise level in the cubicle area. It is distracting and disruptive to work flow. We need to reduce the number of lengthy and noisy discussions, both technical and personal, that are taking place in people's cubicles. I would ask that you try the cafeteria, breakout areas, or the picnic tables instead. We all need to work harder at this goal, myself included. Thank you for your understanding!Willie"

Obviously, I knew he was directing most of his angst in the direction of my group. So I responded, "Were you writing this just to me? Sheesh...you didn't need to cc the WHOLE COMPANY on a private email."

He wrote back, "This way nobody can tell that we think 75% of the noise is from your area."

Ha! Not likely. Everyone knows we are noisy. So I forward Willie's response to Kurt, who takes the offensive and responds to Willie, "Only 75%! I'm hurt. I would place us/me closer to 96%."

Willie, unwilling to give up any ground, responds, "In the That could be, but since I haven't heard your annoying phone ring tone for a while, I downgraded the score accordingly."

No comments: