Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Sour Cream and Chive Potatoes

The night before we left Wyoming, I headed out with the kitchen shears, on a mission to bring home some fresh chives. It was already dark so I grabbed a handful, cut, grabbed another handful, cut. Then I looked to the right. What is that over there? In the darkness it looks kinda like chives.

Uh, oh. What have I been hacking to bits?

Mom was very gracious. If she was crying on the inside, she didn't show it when I revealed my armful of flowers. The only thing I could think to do was get out a vase and put them in it. And hope people thought that were intentionally cut.

But dang it - she hasn't invited us back yet.

Sour Cream and Chive Potatoes
1 pound potatoes
1 bunch chives, cut into small pieces
butter
sour cream
salt
pepper

Boil the potatoes in their skin until soft. Use a ricer to mash them. Put a couple of slabs of butter and a couple of spoonfuls of sour cream on the potatoes. Cut the chives and put them on everything else. Stir just enough to mix so they don't get sticky.

No comments: