Friday, March 6, 2009

Masking Problems


Chris found what he thought was a serious software bug. He tells me about it, and it is something I have never seen, so I asked him to give me a log file that shows the bug. It takes him a month to get me a file. Every day for that entire month he has stopped by to tell me that my software needs improvement.


When he finally gives me a log file, I analyze it only to discover that the serial cable is bad and the connection is degrading. Now that the problem is starting to manifest, it is getting more and more frequent. Chris thinks the software should be able to work around the cable not having a solid connection. He harasses me until I give in and write 5 lines to try several times if it doesn't work the first time.


Steve asked me what I was working on, and I told him, loud enough for Chris to hear, that I was writing a software workaround to mask a hardware problem that Chris doesn't want to fix. Chris walks over, flips me the bird and then goes back to his desk.

1 comment:

marlamuppets said...

ok this is the BEST story ever! love it!