Saturday, August 15, 2009

Cucumber Marinade


Susie is amazing. She was born in Mexico and has managed to live for over 26 years as a single woman. Her grandma asks why she wants to be a man. Her family thinks she is a man because she is an engineer, and she really should have been married 10 years ago.

Another thing amazing about Susie is that she can cook. Man alive, she can cook. Supposedly her mom is a better cook than her. I'll believe it when I see it.

She brought in marinated cucumbers and let us try them. I really don't like cucumbers, but these were really good. When I asked her for the recipe she said, "There are three ingredients: salt, vinegar, and hot sauce. Everything is to taste." TO TASTE?? I can't reproduce that.

Apparently, it doesn't matter how much of anything you put in there. I also threw in a dash of soy sauce. It got a big thumbs up from Kevin, too.

Cucumber Marinade
1-2 cucumbers, cut into fourths and thinly sliced
salt
hot sauce
vinegar

No comments: