Sunday, December 6, 2009

No Use Cryin' Over Spilled Perfume



I have about 7 bottles of various perfumes under the bathroom sink. As they rotate through use, Kevin always comments on how yummy I smell when I wear 5th Avenue Nights. No other fragrance gets any comment whatsoever.

It came into our home after a fateful night at class. Kevin was sitting, waiting for class to start, when a girl sat down next to him. The moment she walked in he was surrounded by a wonderful fragrance. When he asked, she said it was 5th Avenue Nights, and she got it at Macy's.

For the next two weeks, he commented on how good it smelled. Really? How it that possible? I thought it was a passing phase, but as the weeks went by and he was still commenting, I finally decided to stop by the perfume counter and try it out. I wasn't all that impressed: it smelled nice, but very light and very much like baby powder. And it cost $50. Hah! I wasn't going to spend so much for a bottle of perfume.

Then he STILL kept commenting. Finally, another two weeks went by and I broke down and found a bottle on Amazon.com for $35.

Just this morning I spritzed it on my wrist, then looked at the bottle and thought about how long it has lasted. I had been using it consistently for a year and it still had 95% left. Then, I put it away right before I got out my hair dryer. As I pulled the dryer out of the cabinet under the sink, about 4 things were knocked out, including the bottle of perfume. I left everything on the floor until I was finished blow drying my hair, and as I was putting away the perfume I realized that the bottle must have hit on a corner, cracked, and the only thing holding the broken pieces together was the label on the front of the bottle. Dang. The WHOLE UPSTAIRS smells like powder. All the perfume is soaked into the rug and refuses to leave even after it has been rinsed for 30 minutes.

Amazon? It still has a bottle available, and I just finished ordering a replacement.

No comments: